Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hair Fair 2008

I had pledged not to buy anymore hair until my out of control inventory was tamed, friends scoffed in disbelief when I refused invitations to Hair Fair 2008.My good intentions were blown out of the water when dana, my beautiful boss lady, gave me the order;" Fire our readers need to know about Hair Fair 2008 - so go report". Its a tough job but someone has to do it.So, having removed my high prim items, sacrificing my AO, and putting my dance partners on hold I set off. I spent six hours wandering the stalls and I suspect I still missed a few designers, even with maps to guide me.Hair Fair 2008 is a charitable event for Locks of Love, a charity which raises funds for children who suffer from hair loss from illness.The hair fair this year is huge - it covers four sims and has numerous designers showing, small up and coming designers as well as the big, well know ( and well loved) favourite designers. What a treat we hair addicts have in this hair fair, there are many hair designs which are unique for the fair and a lot of the designers have been especially generous supplying freebies on their stands.One of my greatest pleasures of this hair fair is the amount of mens hair that is available. Men have always been quite poorly served compared to us ladies when it comes to choices in good hair, this is at last changing and it is a real pleasure to see. Special mention here to the designs of Find Ash - a design shop that I have been taking customers to regularly - it's good to see they are growing and getting more generally known. Find Ash are by no means alone in their expanding mens (and really good unisex designs - to all the men I hear moaning about how hard it is to find good hair, I'd say take time to go to the hair fair and take a peek at what is available. Rezzable have 3 great mens hair on show and there are many wonderful new options for men - AT LAST the designers are waking up to the almost untapped market that is the Second Life man who wants to look good.I was also very impressed by some of the more adventureous designs on show - Tekeli-li! dark artistry began as the random notion of Tekelili Tantalus, a traditional artist specializing in dark fantasy and Lovecraftian themes has produced some wonderful fantasy "hair" unfortunately the picture doesn't do his amazing Gorgon design anything close to justice. The options on this are amazing, and the serpants are textured in such a way as to make them look like they are moving.



2 comments:

Bixyl Shuftan said...

Gorgon? Does this mean you're now a "snake in the grass?" ;-)

Firehorse said...

I was tempted but I couldn't find shoes that complimented the hair. ;-)