Friday, May 22, 2009

Fashion sculpts

When sculpts first came in I could see the possibilities but they were hard work for someone who had no idea how to create them, well I gave it a try but wasn't really that good and never got the shape I was actually trying for.
As sculpts became more and more popular the fashion industry picked up on them and pretty soon many designs came out using sculpts to help 'finish' an outfit, hoods cuffs, turnups, draped fabric even skirts.

But what about those designers, like me, that could not get their head around creating the sculpt maps and shades needed to stay ahead of the pack?
For a long time I spent hours trying to work them out and trying to find modifiable ones and even buying the individual maps from SLX as they appeared. But these seemed very expensive and cost prohibitive in the end so I gave up thinking prices would come down and better programs for creating them would be found.
But then I met 10 Goosson and her partner Marcthur of M&M, Marcthur had become proficient at creating sculpts with 10 not far behind and between them they created packs of sculpts for fashion designers to use, as well as for almost any other purpose you can think of including shoes, flower petals, trees and furniture, far too many to tell you about here.
For me it was the answer I had been looking for and, I suspect, a lot of other major designers - sculpted cuffs, collars, turnups, drapes and hoods began appearing all over the grid.
10 and Marcthur continue to expand their range every pack comes with many styles, shade maps and clear easy instructions for how to make the most of the sculpt map provided.
So that new outfit you bought with the hoods and turnups probably sprang from M&Ms sculpt maps and if like me you can't make them yourself then check them out at http://slurl.com/secondlife/DoubleMM/183/113/77
More info on all of M&M products can be found HERE

0 comments: