Friday, May 4, 2007

Merovingi Clothing Fair Winner


Julia Soothsayer of Awesome Designs:
Well it's been a few days since the fair finished and now we've all had time to catch our breath and sort out our very full invents, I thought it was time to catch up with the fairs Top designer.
Dana: You have been in sl for quite a long time have you always been a designer?
Julia: I actually never played until January 2006 on my birthday on a sleepless night:
I had worked night shift as a Registered Nurse in Medical oncology for a while and was on a medical leave after a car accident the previous year.
Immediately I found a love for Secondlife fashion, I have no designing experience and had no photoshop experience either, I read in the forum about alpha channels and have practiced full time since July of 2006
Dana: You are an inspiration to a lot of designers
Julia : oh well that is a compliment! I am learning new things everyday and still consider myself an amateur. Thank you, I still find it hard to believe that I won the other day. There are so many talented artist who I admire that were at the fair and many who were not there. I am amazed by their work and hope to get there someday.
I built the store in a day or two :) I'm on my third one and this is the best build by far, I love that it can continue to grow upward as I add new things I'm still a work in progress, I think we all are.
This is the best job I could ever have.
Dana: what did you think of the fair and working with so many people?
Julia: first I was so glad that someone did a clothing fair!
Ive been to the hair fair last year and this year and was hoping there would be one someday, also I was so impressed with the professional staff for the fair.
I of course wanted in as soon as I got the invite from Hannah Liberty.
Then when I went over, I was amazed at the whole design of the land and the great organization of the whole event.
I never thought I'd win, especially at the last moment because I had not asked my update group to vote :), I would have dressed up and not been LATE! I was picking my son up from school :)
What a great surprise that I owe to my awesome fans, There are so many girls that i have known since the beginning when my designs were not as good and many new girls I meet all the time I continue to be surprised by the success
Dana: It must have taken a lot of hard work and dedication to get where you are now, how do you fit that in with RL?
Julia: Well I had taken the medical leave after the accident, So When I found this, it was the perfect thing to save my spirit and keep me busy with something I love.
I have 4 children from 4-13 too and they love that I am home now
Julia: I think everything in life can prepare you for the next thing, and in disguise something sad in life may just be the thing to get you prepared for something good, that's how I feel about what I do here in Secondlife. I mean everything I say, Secondlife is wonderful and its such an important part of my life, it just maybe that I wont be going back to nursing for a while and when I do it will be per Diem so that I still have time for designing.

An amazing lady with awesome designs and a great spirit.
A well deserved winner (even if she doesn't think so )


DanaXxX



0 comments: