Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Win 10.000 lindens from Dea Mills


Second Life model gives SL "Newbies" and residents the opportunity to win $10,000 and a date with a model.
Model, Dea Mills has created a contest that offers newcomers to Second Life and residents a chance at winning $10,000 and a date!
If they prefer, the winner can give the date to a friend as a gift.
The contest ends 6 p.m. PDT, August 17.
Residents can enter by following instructions on the General tab in Mills profile.
Mills is available via IM most days and nights. "I always feel bad for new people to Second Life, because they often don't have money and we all know how terrible "newbie" clothing and hair looks. It's a catch 22; how do you look better without money, but how do you get enough money to really change your appearance, so you'll get hired for a decent job?
It takes forever doing the "camping" thing. One of my girlfriends and I were talking about that problem one night, and we said somebody should do something to help new people. Later that night, I came up with this contest to try to help," said Mills.
The contest will also assist Mills in assessing public opinion of her own skills as a fashion model; the only requirement of the contest is each contestant is asked to take a look around SL at existing models, then examine the portfolio of Mills. If contestants feel that Mills is of supermodel status, they simply say so with a couple of sentences.
All contestants are entered, and have an equal chance of winning, regardless of whether they prefer the work or Mills or not. Dea Mills photos are available upon request.
CONTACT: Dea Mills
Footnote "I've been asked why I included a date as a prize, and I've been accused of being haughty, arrogant, and stuck on myself for doing it" said SL model, Dea Mills.Mills offered the following explanation for her date offer. "Please understand I don't think I am a better person than anybody, and I am not haughty or stuck on myself. After much thought, I decided to include a date as a prize, because I get asked a lot. Also, I thought that if a newcomer to SL won, it might boost their spirits, since most Newbies get rejected by more established individuals."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant idea. I think it shows what a thoughtful person you are. Great going hon, the winner of the date will be lucky.

Hugs,

Ayesha