Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I Catch up with Simone

My first reaction when I rezzed at Simones was to LOL, why? Well you walk into a huge notice which not everyone saw the funny side of, but the reason behind it is understandable too :-

Simone Stern: I had to do something... people were driving me nuts over not knowing how to use the vendors.
(Lesson to be learned - read the notices and learn how to use a vendor LOL)
Simone was wearing one of the special outfits she devised for Halloween and it looked fantastic on her.
As I looked around I noticed the huge changes to the store since my last visit, "You have remodelled the store?" I asked Simone
"Partially, it's still underway. I'm going to have to put up a second sim, the formals need their own home I am afraid". She replied "Still quite a bit to finish before the remodel is through however."
Simone wasn't sure on a finish date but reassured me 'the grand opening for the new store will be announced, and we'll make sure there's a big fat THANK YOU sale as well... might even combine that with my third SL reziversary :D'
There are 200 new items in the new 'fall line' so far, with redesigning the store plus the new lines I am amazed yet again at how many hours Simone finds and yet she still finds time to help others with the Virtual Angels a group dedicated to helping others.
I asked her about it: Simone Stern: "it's a charity originally started to benefit one SL resident, but as we came to realize there was a much greater need, it has expanded. We have applied for official status so that's pending."
Below you can see some of the designs for Halloween the 'hexed' sexy witch range are irresistible there are other outfits ranged around the store like the 'Doctor'
"Most interesting thing is to watch the gender bias in place... people see the scrubs, the lab coat, and think 'Nurse". So, it's named 'DOCTOR" for that reason."
There is also a morticia style gown, its worth taking your time and looking around.
I had also heard that Simones was featured in the recent CSI machinima and asked her how that came about;
Simone Stern: "I work for the company who did the project the machinima department selected my store to shoot in for convenience's sake, for many reasons. Easy to get the owner to help, easy to make changes to the build and displays if necessary, easy to get the land owner to close the island, etc. That little bit of machinima you saw was months in the making."
All through the changes and total upheaval the one thing I was most impressed with was Simone's willingness to help anyone that asked, all through our conversation people were asking questions or looking for something in particular, all went away happy with what they found.
Good luck Simone - can't wait to see the finished store.
Dana XxX

0 comments: