Sunday, February 24, 2008

My way ? (by a faithful reader)

I know that there is no choice as I load the next items photo to slexchange... this is the only show on the block. I want to get the word out more about my items and that means selling them on the web and the place where that can happen in Lindens and Pay pal is SLexchange.com.
I had been a member for many years -- I listed my skins and a few other items and never tried to do much more than that.

Never bought a "feature" or paid for the front page banner or highlighting but after having great success with my clothes and hair inworld I decided I would feature a few items.

I watched the page flutter in seconds to change and saw the items that were pasted in small thumbnails on the main Slexchange page. I could see the adult items if I signed in and said I was an adult .. and of course already having posted my skins and the nude pictures on the mature or adult pages I could see that difference but it seemed the more I looked at Avatar sets and skins on the general "G" rated page -- the less of difference I saw.

Yes I could sell my skins and avatars with little problem by simply fogging out the private parts... Well I would be more in my line and instead of just fog I would cover her privates with snakes and scarabs.. I do Egyptian after all.

Sales were going along swimmingly and then suddenly I was getting non sufficient funds notices.

But wait -- I was just on SL exchange. I had never taken any money OUT of SL exchange. I had made money in sales and I just saw the posting that said I Did have funds. I watched as SLexchange took the money for the ad. Where was it going??

I didn't understand that SLexchange would continue to take money from my account for featured items I had posted. I mean I clicked the "just for one week at $L899.00. Why then was I getting emails that said I had depleted my funds.

I wrote for support help. I reread. Until I found a "hidden" clause. SlEx would AUTOMATICALLY take money out for MORE WEEKS.. if I didn't click DISCONTINUE this feature.

Awwww there was a trick.
The only for one week was bogus. And that meant I had to be careful from then on.
Then one day I got a review as I continued to post features and learn about what worked on Slexchange one day I got a review.

I don't know -- this guy just didn't now his facts and IMing him back was kind of like talking to someone who was sure the aliens built the pyramids But all and all I was happy some one was looking and people were buying my Cleopatra Goddess Avatar Set on SL exchange Main "G" rated page that I was paying a lot for every week to be seen.

Life went on and I snaked out more Goddess avatar sets and sold some here and there and made sure to CLICK the Discontinue and watched my profits grow but still did not take any money out-- till one day I cant remember how much -- a couple Linden thousands I tried to deposit into my SL account ... but it never showed. It showed that I had lost L$2000.00 but not in Sl as a addition to my account there.

I wrote (again) slexchange. They wrote me back telling me how it was a second life problem and they did -- and they DID adjust it.

I resolved to figure out another way to get my funds from SLexchange in the future .. since this was not going to be reliable.

BUT suddenly one night -- actually it was solstice... I was posting some little holiday outfits I had made.. uploading little photos and watching them appear when about 11:30 PM sl time I saw every single item get checked to ADULT. Now if you work in slexchange at all you know what this means. I had over one hundred items and that's a lot of unclicking.

Lots of hair and jeans and this and that that were not adult. No idea why this had suddenly happened. After all the Holiday outfits were not revealing .

I had no time to go back and unclick so I wrote a letter to them about this suggesting I was not "hacker safe" who could possibly be working this late on SLExchange and make such a radical mistake at me but some hacker? No reply ...I went on with the holidays occasionally checking my items and did notice that every time I tried to at least FIX my FEATURED items (remember we are paying nearly one thousand lindens dollars a week to run a feature .. were checked as they should be -- main page items...
And then the worst of it came .. Every item I had set for only a week sent me a bill and TOOK my money to pay for another week and then another. But I checked Not to renew. I rechecked and rechecked not to renew And then I wrote and I told them of the billing and rebilling and the checking and the making all my items adult and my being unable to get any benefit from any of the money I had paid for the ads since they were not posted on general pages and were reposted on mature and I was rebilled again ....

They fired me ...they said my Cleopatra avatar exposed her buttocks.... they took all my money I made on Sl after paying them for all those ads I didnt ask for .. and then they fired me........they finally answered one of my emails after a month of going "WHAT THE HE** is THIS??" I saw many buttocks exposed and I put snakes all over to hide privates.
They said I was hostile and threatening and would not pay me back
And that they had told me time and time again that they had had to answer me about a lot of things time and time again. And that once they HAD to set everything to ADULT it went right to default which meant unless you find the HIDDEN CLICK to make sure they didn't run your ad again and take your money again -- that they would do so. I limped away feeling very bad .. they are after all the ONLY game in town ... And I told some friends ....who said that if this was true about Cleopatra's buttocks then WHY had they let it be a feature I posted and paid for on G pages for so long? And why was this ad showing torture devices on G page pulling that Females Privates out? (only covered by a bare torture device)? And why had no one told me sooner -- or at least said -- "HEY! CLEO's BUTTS OUT"!?? After all had she not been on the pages making them commission for many months now?
Sort of like hiding the click here if you really really want it for only a week -- other wise we will revert everything to default and take all your money..... But when they are the only in town who gets to choose?

Well now that I am free I have decided to get everything I can on what happened to me and from others with SL exchange (Dates and figures) and make it clear that this only game in town needs to play fair.. then I think finding others who will come play against them is the next step!

2 comments:

DV said...

This happened to me too, I featured a few dresses for a week and was pleased to see it seemed to work by the email notices I was getting. Then about 3 weeks later I got a notice I had insufficient funds. I like you did not know they would continue to charge me after 1 week and I lost all the profit I made through featuring my items.
I have never featured anything since!

Anonymous said...

why don't you try using onrez.com to sell your SL items?