Sunday, May 11, 2008

OMG! a little bit of difference goes a long way

This week I was looking around our office at Ian Bernard, just to see what was nearby and decided to explore OMG! Inc which is right next door to our main office.
I had been here before to their first ever fashion show and quite liked what I saw. So i went to see what was new.
I bumped into Kaddan Yue and we sat down for a chat. OMG! Inc is the brainchild of Kaddan and has been in the pipeline for over a year. Most people know her as a business woman, working for BNT/ACE, so a range of clothing? Where did that come from?
Kaddan Yue: Duchess and myself wanted to run a business, well our own
DV: Duchess?
Kaddan Yue: Duchess Shepherd, she is Co-CEO, Duchess is a designer in real life but not with photoshop she does hand drawings
Kaddan Yue: but I did the research and looked all over sl, to see what was out there. SL is a second life, so my second life is in learning to make clothing, but most important understanding how business works in SL. OMG helps me reach both goals. This is my dream.
DV: The designing or the business side of it?
Kaddan Yue: Well right now it is both, in the beginning it was just business. I am learning to actually make clothing myself, and I love the business end of it.
DV: What makes OMG clothes different?
Kaddan Yue: Well in the company right now, there are 3 and a 1/2 of us designing and we all come for different parts of the world, or USA, so we have a lot of styles.
DV: So the idea is to have different designers all under one label?
Kaddan Yue: Yes, and actually have it work, actually it is working pretty good, although I am the CEO, I am a team player, and we work as a team. We do have issues just like in real life, but that is part of being a professional.
Kaddan Yue: Their are a lot of designers and a lot that never make it on their own, so we are trying to make it together. We each have a part to play
DV: How many designers do you hope to have?
Kaddan Yue: I would like to have 6 solid designers all together.
DV: One section you seen to be missing is evening wear?
Kaddan Yue: Formal wear for women will be out next week, we have some great stuff coming out and feel the key is textures, and of course details.

Kaddan then gave me a sneak preview of some of the formal wear soon to be released and its well worth waiting for :)
I shall be keeping an eye on OMG! Inc, this team will be something to be reckoned with with Kaddans business mind and a good team of designers this is one company worth a visit.
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Sununu/119/119/51

Dana XxX

0 comments: