Sunday, March 16, 2008

A P Designs- For Your Darker Side


by: Lucy Halberd

Do you ever feel the need to dress as a vampire, demon, or goth? Perhaps you need something to make you stand out at those club contests you’re always trying to win. Are you looking for a couple of neko items to set you apart from the crowd or just wanting to add some new pieces to your already huge dark clothing collection? Whatever the reason, rest assured… I’ve found just the place! A P Designs is a hot new store located in Magnus Opus 30, 202, 37 (http://slurl.com/secondlife/Magnum%20Opus/30/202/37/) and is filled with all sorts of goodies to get you on the right path! Allota1 Paine sat down with me for an interview on her store and merchandise!

What inspired you to open a store in SL?
I had designed a ton of stuff that so many people I know loved. They told me I should open a store, because I was really good at making clothes and builds.

What is the name of your store and how did you pick the name?
Well, my name is Allota1 Paine, so that is where I got the name. A P Designs

When did you open your store?
My first store I opened on December 14, 2007. Since then, I have opened 3 additional stores. Three of the four are in malls and the final one is my main store.

Was it hard to start your own business?
Finding a place was quite hard, because the rent in most places is so high. Also, advertising and getting my name out there has proven to be another difficult task!

What items do you sell?
I sell clothing, various jewelry, tattoos and footwear. Most of my items are unisex, so hopefully the men start coming around too!

Who is your target audience?
I guess anyone who likes dark things like goths, vampires, nekos, wiccans, and demons. My clothing is styled using a lot of darker things such as leather, latex, sculls, pentagrams… that kind of thing. I’m planning on starting a new biker line soon.

What is your biggest seller?
A lot of people seem to like my demons bane pants and my shadow stalker outfit. Enslaved is also doing very well in sales.

What is the general range of cost for your items?
My items range in cost from L$25 to L$475.

What is your specialty?
My store is like no one else’s, because I hand make all of my own textures. To be precise, I hand paint my own designs and burn my own textures.

Is it hard to come up with ideas for new merchandise?
No, not really. I am a clothing designer in RL, so I use a lot of those ideas in SL.

How often do you make new items?
I usually add new things every other day!

Do you offer custom designs or personalization of your products?
Yes, I do. If they want a quick alteration on an existing outfit, it is free. If they want custom outfits or footwear, it’s a charge of L$500 per hour of work.

Do you have a group to join?
You can join my group, A P Designs, by clicking the sign to your left when you enter my main store.

Do you have any regular specials?
Yes, I have a 50% off wall right now for all to enjoy and if you join my group you get monthly freebies.

Anything else you'd like to add?
I will be having an event some time next month where I’ll be putting everything on sale up to 50% off, so everyone should join the group so they know when that will be.

Now that you know about this wonderful store, get on over to A P Designs and grab some of the hot, new looks that are in this season or sit in one of the five camping chairs to earn some extra lindens. While you’re there be sure to join the group and try your luck at the lucky chair! Who knows what you could win if your letter comes up?

0 comments: