Saturday, March 22, 2008

Limited Editions for RFL

I haven't talked much about the fashions at the fair this year preferring people to go along and make up their own minds. But I believe there are a few special people that deserve a mention and that you would like to know about:
The first of these is Rebel Hope who, in her third year at the clothing fair, has brought out special Limited Edition colours of these lovely designs, they will only be available at the clothing fair.
The finely detailed Gents tux can be worn long or short with either black or silver waistcoat and tie perfectly complimenting the divine evening dress in stunning white with black accessories.
I spoke to Rebel about her involvement with the fair and RFL:
Rebel Hope: It's important to me as I lost a very dear friend to inflammatory breast cancer, as well as my grandmother and an aunt.
I asked her how this year compared to previous ones:
Rebel Hope: so much more energy each year, this one started out like gangbusters. It's going to raise a lot of money with this kind of energy.
.
The total at the time of writing this is L$5,689,743!
"TO EVERY DESIGNER! THANK YOU !!!!!!
TO EVERY PERSON WHO HAS BOUGHT AN OUTFIT OR SOMETHING FROM A VENDOR: THANK YOU
TO EVERY PERSON WHO DROPPED ONE LINDEN IN THE KIOSK : THANK YOU
"
Nevar Lobo

This design is Mara in 'ruby red' only 75 of these dresses are available from Nicky Ree, I grabbed number 41, last I heard there were only 12 left and its possible they have now all been sold.
Last year Nicky released Mara for RFL in Black and Champagne. Mara is not sold in any of Nicky's stores at any other time and all proceeds from Mara go to RFL.
Along with Mara Nicky has also released a special colour for winter flame and proceeds from sales of snowy blue go to RFL.
Nicky said of her involvement with the Relay Raiders' clothing fair:
Nicky Ree: It is a good cause and I have lost many loved ones to cancer, so anything that can help find a better way of dealing with cancer gets support from me.
This year has seen 84 designers come together in huge support for this cause, I encourage everyone to go along and spend to help save lives. The RFL brings people together, sufferers, survivors, relatives and friends. It shows that each and every person can do something to help.
RFL in SL helps people to find others for support and advice:
"Join us in the fight to find a cure - a fight to eliminate cancer for your sake, for my sake, for the sake of the future. "
Dana XxX

0 comments: