Monday, March 24, 2008

Tesoro Creations- Jewelry with Class


by: Lucy Halberd

Picture this: you’ve met the perfect woman and want to really show her how much she means to you. Do you need a necklace with earrings to match? How about showing her exactly how you feel with a gorgeous ring that has your birthstones showcased in a fabulous setting surrounded by diamonds? Any other jewelry you think she might like? I suggest you make a trip to Tesoro Creations, located at GOLDENSANDS 8,70,24 (http://slurl.com/secondlife/GOLDENSANDS/8/70/24/). This ever expanding jewelry store has been around since August of 2007 and can be found in malls throughout Second Life. Owner and founder, Tesoro Loon, designs and creates jewelry and other items with the customer in mind, offering a wide selection of exquisite jewelry and other goods that he will customize just for you! I recently sat down with Mr. Loon to talk about his innovative shop.

What is the name of your store?
Tesoro Creations

When did you open it?
I’d say, probably late August. My first store was the one at the Goldensands mall, which I consider to be my main location.

So, you have more than one location?
Yes, I have a total of 4.

What made you want to open your store?
Well, I had been building for awhile, making various things. I really wanted to open my own store, but I wasn’t sure how to go about it. So I took a class on how to make a vendor and got a few gentle shoves from one of my friends.

What was the easiest part about opening it?
Lol Easiest? Probably renting the stall!

What was the hardest part?
That would probably be the vendors! You have to make sure they are labeled right and have the right things in them. Also, making sure the items fit like they should when you put them on for the first time… without any mistakes.

What do you sell?
At my different locations, you can find jewelry, pajama sets with matching slippers, and various silly costumes I’ve made. One costume in particular seems to make a lot of people laugh and that is the Fruit of the Loom apple guy.

What is your biggest seller?
The necklace- earring combos always seem to do well!

Who is your target audience?
I mainly make my products for women, but I do have a few men’s items as well. Usually the men’s stuff I make is at a woman’s request for her boyfriend or husband.

Is it hard coming up with ideas for your store?
Sometimes I do find myself struggling, but then I will have a request for a custom design and that will spawn a lot of new ideas. Lately, it hasn’t been too hard.

How often do you add new items?
I usually have at least one release every weekend; some weeks I have more to release than others. I’ve recently begun teaching jewelry making at the learning center in SL, so as that grows, it might be a bit harder to release as many items.

What would you say is your specialty?
Specialty, huh? Well, jewelry is what I do best. I make earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings, and belly rings. I have a bit of everything!

What is the general price range of your items?
I have one as low as L$40 right now and another as high as L$500 or so. Most of my things are around the L$150-L$200 range.

So, you mentioned you do custom builds or personalization of your products?
Oh, for sure! I change any metal or gem to whatever the client likes. I just don’t have room to put out like 6 of everything in my stores. I do custom orders too and sometimes personalized name bracelets and necklaces. Sometimes people are very vague when they ask you to build them things. Then when they see the finished product, they get ultra specific and you usually end up making it 3 or 4 times to get it the way they want.

Is there an extra charge for this service?
If I’m just changing a gem color or metal, it’s no extra. If I’m making something from scratch, it’s a bit extra.

How much extra?
Well, it depends on the item and how picky the girl is. Usually about a 25% extra charge if I make it from scratch. But, I have done a lot of simple gem changes, like the girl wants ruby instead of emerald. There’s no charge for that.

Do you have any regular specials or deals?
Usually each weekend when I do my releases, I try to have something in the store discounted. This week I gave away free St. Patty’s earrings. Right now I have a freebie bracelet at the front of the store, but there’s not always a special going.

Do you have a group to join?
No, not yet. I’ve been told I need to make one.

Do you have anything you’d like to add?
I strive to maintain a quality level of customer service and work closely with my customers to ensure they are happy with the finished product. Sometimes that means letting them select their texture from quite a few. Happy customers come back and tell their friends, so I try hard for that.

As you can see, the customer always comes first when it comes to Tesoro Creations and I guarantee if you stop by, you won’t be disappointed with the wide variety of glittering jewels and sparkling metals to choose from! So, head on over to Tesoro Creations and place your order for that special piece that will say “I love you” today!

0 comments: