Sunday, March 23, 2008

An Angel at the Table

I was a late recruit to the legions of Last Call and Dazzle fashion devotees. It was through this newspaper’s fashion mavens that I found out about the LC store, its sale and the sad reason behind the brand’s closure. I spent days in January battling the lag to get at that lovely merchandise. It was sad to think of the loss of such quality, variety and, above all, joy evident in the clothing brand. I am so delighted therefore, to find that SL will not lose yet more of the force behind the brand, and that Ginny Talamasca’s legacy lives on.

Katterina Dagostino is to start a new design partnership with the Last Call duo’s mutual friend, Danner Dosei. Dosei and Dagostino will now bring a new women’s fashion store, ‘Archange’ to the Dazzle sim and shell of the Last Call store, when the LC closes its doors for good on March 31st. Dagostino plans to invite LC group members to transfer over to the new group which will be opened under the ‘Archange’ name in the first fortnight of April.

Touchingly, the name Archange itself in honour of Ginny Talamasca. Of her new venture, Dagostino said "I know that no matter what I do in life I will be influenced by my time with Ginny, so Danner and I thought it fitting that a store on the Dazzle SIM run by two of her friends should bare that influence also."

0 comments: