Friday, February 27, 2009

Get Down to Earth, with Lutricia’s Luxuries

By Bixyl Shuftan

As a clothing store, Lutricia’s Luxuries offers a variety of dress and other items. This includes "family" items such as fashion for child avatars, and gothic wear for those searching for a darker look. The shop is located in the Earth sim (108, 136, 26) and owned by Lutricia Roux, “... my main passion is to design clothes, accessories etc :)”

Lutricia logged onto Second Life in August 2007, “I read about it in a newspaper and got curious.” She considers her start in SL a good one, “I got in touch with some Scandinavians (Lutricia is Swedish), and they were really helpful to me. They showed me the basics, freebie shops, etc. :) “ Lutricia has always been making clothes in Second Life, “Ever since I started, I have been interested in trying to make my own things and own clothes. I started to try, and discovered, and I developed. and started to see I might be able to do the things I saw for sale myself instead of buy them.”

She got the idea of selling clothes, “when I liked it myself enough to want to wear or use it." Lutricia did more than just clothes, “I also build some furniture and prefab, but I enjoy the clothesmaking, and work with tiny prims more. :) And scripting is great fun, but there is so many professionals out there, who are real scripters.” Eventually came the Lutricia’s Luxuries store, “The first time I set up my shop was almost a year ago. I have moved from my first location. Where we are now has been up since the middle of November.” Since last summer, sales “have really improved.”

The store has mainly family items on the first floor, and gothic ones upstairs. “Kids clothes, I try to keep them not so fluffy, more to the elegant side, with a touch of neko, grunge maybe. The adult-sized accessories and shoes, are more to the gothic side.” Besides clothing, “I sell teddy bears, both kids and grown ups buy them, hats ... lots of shoes.” Her best selling items are, “the kids’ outfits and my L's shoe collection, and themed teddy bears, such as Christmas, etc.” Her newest item, “I have recently released a pair of death dolls, covered in barbed wire.”

Lutricia says she met a variety of people in Second Life. Among the good, the people at the Mystery sim, “I have meet some great friends at the Queen of Hearts, very caring and loyal.” She eventually got a position there, “I am the manager of events at Queen of Hearts.” How does she find managing, “It is fun, I enjoy it. I produce the schedule of the week, then assign hosts and trainees to their roles. All host report back to me, I look after them, answer questions, etc., help if needed.” Valentine’s Day went very well for Mystery, “We noticed a big increase in traffic, and it is great for Valentine’s Day, romantic themed. Well, great for any day but extra good for that. :) “

At one point in the interview, Lutricia ran off, zipping away in a dust cloud and appearing on the other side of the store, “Hehe, sorry. I have this flight helper. If you touch the arrow keys twice, you go through walls, hehe.”

Lutricia’s Luxuries and Mystery have some cross-advertising of one another, “it is an idea from Tygeria. We will try to increase it, it has benefits for us both. She is very supportive to us all.”

Lutricia’s future plans are, “Basically I want to learn more and improve, and buy some more SL time. :)” She also planned on making some group gifts.

Before long, Lutricia had to rush off for something in real life, and so we had to part ways.

“I'm very grateful to all my loyal customers.”

0 comments: