Sunday, July 6, 2008

Styling your Secondlife with Firehorse

This weeks Styling your Second Life is late (again, I hear you cry), but not because I am a dreadful slacker but because actually free tiny items are relatively rare – I have tried to make it a rule in these articles to write about freebies that are usually available at the locations I give you – no point in writing about a wonderful freebie that may well have been taken down by the time you read about it.
It isn’t true that being tiny is expensive, in fact the opposite is true – with a little care and membership of one or two good groups I am assured that you can have a full tiny avatar, with AO (pretty much a must have I discovered), toys and a wardrobe for a couple of hundred linden – but if you want a taste of the lifestyle, or a tiny av for a one off event you might want to do it on the cheap.
Join a tiny group if you have room, if you really, really don’t have the room, make friends with someone who is experienced in the world of tiny – many of the tiny shops and designers do have limited time special offers and freebies.
In the mean time here are three places you MUST visit if you want the tiny experience. Huggys Coffee House and Hug*Mart. Lots of free tiny stuff - toys for the tiny curious - even poses/animations. The Blackmoon tiny clothes (female) are from here. They also run a very friendly group which I am assured is well worth joining if you are just getting started in the world of tiny.
􀀁MOMO’S Pet 1 There are about a dozen free tiny avs here - all showing as being for sale at $L250 but which are free - see the cute fox I got (yes I know – it really doesn’t suit me – but hey it was fun and gave a lot of my friends a good laugh) - also a selection of cats, wolves and assorted others - although I have to say the monkey av isn't exactly tiny.
The Raglan Shire Wharf and Coastal has many delightful things to see and do as well as free tiny clothes, furniture and posters . Take a wander round and look at this lovely area - perfectly scaled for tinies. Again I have had this area has a group and I am assured that it is a group well worth joining.
Next week I am going furry for free – if any reader can point me in the direction of hidden gems I should publicise (or give me any help at all really) please get in touch.

0 comments: